Vocational Training and Opportunities Scheme – VTOS
Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) provides a range of supports to allow individuals who are unemployed to return to education or training. The scheme allows successful applicants to keep their Social Welfare Allowances while attending their course in the college. All full-time day courses in the College are eligible for VTOS.
To qualify for VTOS, applicants must be over 21 years of age and have been receiving certain social welfare payments for at least 156 days (6 months). You may qualify for VTOS if you are unemployed and receiving any of the following benefits for at least 6 months:
- Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseekers Benefit
- One Parent Family Allowance
- Blind Person
- Deserted Wife’s Allowance; Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension; Widower’s or Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension.
- Prisoner’s Spouse Allowance
- An Adult Dependent on a person in receipt of Unemployment Assistance
- Disability Allowance
- Illness Benefit (you must apply to the Exemption Section, Department of Social Protection, Store Street Dublin 1 for an exemption to attend the course)
Places are LIMITED on the VTOS programme and are prioritised on the basis of:
- Educational need
- Period of time in receipt of Social Welfare payments
To apply for VTOS in the college:
- Complete the College Enrolment Procedure
- A VTOS Application Form is also filled out (Complete Part 1, 2 and 3 of the VTOS Application Form. Do not complete Part 4 and do not send the form to Social Welfare).
- Return the form to the College VTOS Office.
The closing date for receipt of VTOS application forms is September 3rd 2017. Application Forms received after this date will be treated as a late application.
Further Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org