This course is aimed at the beginner photographer to better understand your digital camera and create with confidence the types of photographs you’ve always wanted to make. The course is designed to give you guided ‘hands on’ tuition of your camera’s settings and functions through practical demonstration and two field trips. Creative aspects of photography are introduced through slideshows to inspire you to compose better shots and go beyond basic ‘point and shoot’. To get the best out of the course you are encouraged to try out techniques introduced in class for feedback on your own photographs.
Digital SLRs, Bridge and Compact cameras are covered on this course. Over the 8 weeks
The following content is covered
• How photography is used in the world today
• Camera settings and functions explained
• Introduction to camera equipment, memory cards, lenses, flash etc.
• Getting exposure right and basic lighting techniques
• Two field trips – a night shoot and a day shoot
• Understanding composition and tips to compose better photographs.
• Uploading, organizing and saving your photographs
• Basic image editing techniques to enhance your pictures
Tutor: Colette Lewis
Tuesday: 7PM-9PM (8 weeks)
Adult Education office Telephone: 086-0410668
Course delivery format and costing may change depending on government guidelines’ around the pandemic.