This course has been developed in response to those significant changes in data protection legislation since May 2018.
- This course will be delivered in plain English with no jargon!
- No prior knowledge of data protection legislation is required.
- It is cost effective, time efficient and supports good business.
- Walk away with knowledge and skills you can apply as soon as you get back to work
Who is this course for?
Attending this course is an absolute must for anyone that handles other peoples’ information as part of their job (i.e., business owners, managers, team leaders, voluntary committee members and employees).
This practical and interactive course provides you with:
- A broad knowledge of how data protection affects your workplace/charity.
- The knowledge and skills on how to avoid the common mistakes that lead to data breaches.
- The skills to implement controls to reduce the risk of fines or reputational damage.
About the Trainer:
Anita Murphy is a Data Protection & GDPR Consultant. She advises clients on data privacy matters such as data breaches, Subject Access Requests (SARs), drafting data protection policies and procedures and planning a road-map for clients to meet their legal obligations. Anita also provides training and information sessions for clients on data protection and the GDPR. Anita has a BA, and MA from UCC, a Higher Diploma in Health & Safety in the Workplace, an MA in Human Resources from CIT and is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- A brief overview of the meaning of title “Data Subject” and then identify the Data Subjects within your workplace.
- Identify if your workplace is a – Data Controller, Joint Data Controller, Data Processor or Sub-Processor? Learn how to draw up a Data Processing Agreement (i.e., a specific Data Protection Contract that you can issue to your Suppliers that process your Data).
- Under the new legislation there are 6 General Principles, we will examine these so that you can apply these Principles at your workplace.
- Every workplace are legally obligated to identify their ‘Lawful Basis’ for processing Personal Data – learn about the 6 Lawful Basis and identify the ones which apply to your workplace.
- Create a Retention Schedule so that you and your team are clear on the length of time you need to store your files and records.
- Become aware of the Physical & Cyber Security considerations that need to be considered at your workplace.
- Learn the tips and tricks about creating interesting training for the employees and/or volunteers at your workplace and the importance of documenting that this training has taken place.
- Learn when and how to perform Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
- Learn about the mechanisms that allow International Data Transfers to take place. This includes the Data that you may have stored to the ‘Cloud’.
- Save your business money by learning how to perform your own Data Protection Audits and Data Mapping (as per Art. 30).
- Learn about Ireland’s Statutory Authority – the Data Protection Commission (DPC) and its Powers.
- Case Studies: we will examine Data Breaches and their Outcomes so that you can avoid making the same mistakes.
- Learn how to create a Privacy Statement for your website and protect yourself from getting a €100K fine!
Get hand-on experience on creating a Privacy Notice for your Employees and/or Volunteers