In this highly entertaining workshop open to absolute beginners, you will learn simple stitching techniques to make repairs, up-cycle and re-use mostly old fabric items and turn them into small rugs, toys, quilts, decorations and covers for books. You will be working exclusively with recycled materials to create high quality objects such as:
– Simple patchwork designs
– Beautiful old fashion toys
– Basic weaving
– Hand-made traditional decorations in fabric
– Small jute dish scrubs (compostable)
– A simple Bookbinding project (2 classes, including preparing the cover)
– A small group projects with wood (1 class) for people who are not used to handle tools. We will also look at health and safety with pallets and how to pick the right ones.
and much more…
Students are encouraged to ask questions about their own projects and given handouts for to further their projects at home.
This workshop is open to all, including parents and school teachers who wish to make sturdy beautiful arts & crafts projects at low cost while contributing to direct recycling.
Student will receive clear, step by step handouts to use at home at the end of each class.
More information, pictures of projects and details : www.the-laboratory.org