Tourism, Travel with Business
First Aid Certification
This course is aimed for students who wish to upgrade their skills in the Tourism and Travel industry. The course allows for students to up-grade their prior learning and experience, either from level 5 or previous employment.
Students gain supervisory experience in various industry related areas including airport ground handling and airline check in, travel agency, travel retail, guiding, event management and all related tourism sectors.
This is achieved through direct learning, event participation, work placement, voluntary work and overseas work placement on our Erasmus+ programme.
Students on this course run the College Travel Desk, which simulates the work of a real Travel Agency and gains practical vocational experience.
The International Travel Academy Certificate is endorsed by the Irish Aviation Authority and Galileo Travel Port.
|6N2106||Tourism Policy & Practice|
|6N4972||Airport Passenger Services|
|4N1172||French Level 4|
|5N1623||French Level 5|
|4N1178||Spanish Level 4|
|5N1630||Spanish Level 5|
|6N4973||Global Distribution Systems|
|Fee Exemptions may apply ⇒|
|Student Services||€ 250|
|Gov PLC Fee||€200|
QQI Level 5 Award in Tourism with Business or in a related area is required.
One year full time
- Galileo International Certification: The International Travel Academy Certificate (endorsed by the Irish Aviation Authority and Galileo Travel Port)
- Students may participate in an Erasmus+ and College Tours.
- Students also organise their own full and half day tours and assisting in running various college events.
- Students have the responsibility of running the College Travel Desk.
- Professional airline photo shots are organised.
- Interview technique skills workshops are available to students.
- Personal grooming workshops are available to students.
Education Progression Opportunities
UCC: CK101, CK105, CK107, CK108, CK109, CK113, CK117, CK118, CK210, CK301, CK302, CK307
CIT: CR021; CR022; CR041; CR042; CR650; CR657
LIT: LC293; LC294; LC296; LC299
Tralee IT: TL820, TL720
WIT: WD091, WD148, WD173, WD174, WD200
QQI Level 6 awards may have advanced entry options into some Higher Education Institutions
Airline Ancillary Services
Air Freight Services
Destinations Management Organisations
Eco and Sustainable Tourism
Inbound Tour Operations.
- Social Media