Entry requirements – Level 6 Animal Grooming:
- Successful completion of Animal Grooming level 5 QQI
- Have a minimum attendance of 85% in the practical classes throughout your QQI level 5 class academic year.
- The candidate should have achieved a result of 30 or over in the practical skills demonstration
- The applicant should be capable in completing a grooming procedure on a dog from start to finish, involving health check, assessment, grooming plan, and handle the tools required for breed standard correctly.
- Applicants should be competent in handling of a variety of tools-shedder slicker, knot breaker, rake, straight scissors and thinning scissors
- Competency is also required in the running of clippers using a variety of blades and in the assessment of the animal and in identification of procedures required
- Be capable of identifying different coat types and their functions
- Present a copy of level 5 learner journal, along with a personal portfolio consisting of a written account of 30 dogs with photographic evidence and a brief description of procedure carried out.
Tutor: Elizabeth Sullivan
Tuesday: 8PM-10PM (22 weeks)
Adult Education office Telephone: 086-0410668
Course delivery format and costing may change depending on government guidelines’ around the pandemic.