Introduction to Art History and Art Appreciation
Starting 5/10/2017 10 weeks/sessions (1.30h each) 8 to 9.30 on THURSDAYS €95
A lively and highly enjoyable introduction to major artists & movements from Antiquity to 20th Century
In this fantastically dynamic, entertaining class, you will discover key movements, major artists and techniques in a new light, be inspired and marvel at beautiful works of arts you have never seen in such detail.
Besides rediscovering famous work of arts by learning their actual context in history, participants will: – Learn how to identify the techniques used, – Discover notable female artists from each period, as well as other less recognised art movements and artists, – Build or further their understanding of the major periods of Western Art History, – Have a genuinely rewarding and enjoyable time!
– Introduction to the formation of Western Art + Classical Antiquity
– Medieval Art
– Renaissance (Legacy and influence)
– The Art of Northern Europe
– The Dutch Golden Age
– The Baroque
– 18th century to 19th century
– Romanticism – Mannerism – Rococo – Neoclassicism – The Academy
– Post-Impressionism (Nabis, Cloisonnism, etc…)
– Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, Symbolism
– and more…
Hand-outs with main subjects, titles of art work and suggested bibliography will be given at the beginning of each class.
Contact Laurie Legrand <email@example.com>