Tourism & e-Travel L6
QQI Tourism with Business Level 6, Code 6M5012
First Aid Certification
This course is aimed at students who wish to enhance and upgrade their skills in the Tourism and e-Travel industry. The course encourages the students to up-grade their prior learning and to gain supervisory experience in various industry related areas including airport ground handling and check in, guiding, travel agency, travel retail, event management and all related tourism sectors.
The students also run the College Travel Desk, which simulates the work of a real Travel Agency.
However the course is specifically aimed to those who wish to work in the airline industry, at a supervisory level in travel and tourism related industries and heritage and event management.
Galileo International Certification: The International Travel Academy Certificate endorsed by the Irish Aviation Authority and Galileo Travel Port, First Aid Certification.
QQI Level 5 Award in Tourism with Business or in a related area is required.
One year full time
|6N4972||Airport Passenger Services|
|4N1172||French Level 4|
|5N1623||French Level 5|
|5N1207||Occupational First Aid|
|4N1178||Spanish Level 4|
|5N1630||Spanish Level 5|
|6N2106||Tourism Policy & Practice|
- Galileo International Certification: The International Travel Academy Certificate (endorsed by the Irish Aviation Authority and Galileo Travel Port)
- First Aid Certification
- Students may participate in a Leonardo Work Exchange Programme, Youth Project Exchange Programme and College Tours.
- Students also organise their own full and half day tours and assisting in running various college events.
- Students have the responsibility of running the College Travel Desk.
- Professional airline photo shots are organised.
- Interview technique skills workshops are available to students.
- Personal grooming workshops are available to students.
- Testimonials from previous students are available to see on our Tourism and e Travel Facebook page and twitter accounts.
Festival and event management, Business Tourism, Social media and E-tourism, Tourism promotion and marketing, Visitor attractions & activity management, Destination management organisations, Travel agencies and tour operations, e-Tourism Promotion & Marketing, Airport and Airlines.
Education Progression Opportunities
UCC: CK101, CK105, CK107, CK108, CK109, CK113, CK117, CK118, CK210, CK301, CK302, CK307
CIT: CR021; CR022; CR041; CR042; CR650; CR657
LIT: LC293; LC294; LC296; LC299
Tralee IT: TL820, TL720
WIT: WD091, WD148, WD173, WD174, WD200
QQI Level 6 awards may have advanced entry options into some Higher Education Institutions
Course specific Contact Details
For further details email: email@example.com