QQI Animal Care Level 5, Code 5M2768
This course is designed to give learners the knowledge and skills relevant to working in an establishment where care of animals is required. The course covers all aspects of animal husbandry and welfare as well as developing core skills of employment such as public relations and use of information technology. Although learners study a range of animals there is a emphasis on dogs within this programme.
|5N0750||Animal Anatomy & Physiology|
|5N1898||Small Animal Husbandry|
|5N1794||Safety and Health|
|Fee Exemptions may apply ⇒|
|Student Services||€ 250|
|Gov PLC Fee||€ 200|
• In general, applicants should hold a Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4 qualification, a science based subject is preferable but not essential. For mature applicants, appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
• All applicants will be required to attend an interview.
• An offer of a place on this course means the applicant has met the minimum entry requirements set out and attended for interview.
One-year full time
Learners on the Animal Care courses are encouraged to participate in work experience as an integral part of the programme. Relevant work experience should be gained by the learner independently, with support given during the placement as required.
Education Progression Opportunities
SJC: Animal Science 6M5153
CIT: CR001; CR006; CR007; CR010; CR011; CR300
AIT: AL 842
WIT: WD:176, WD177
IT Tralee: TL858
- Grooming Parlours
- Doggie Day Care Facilities
- Boarding Kennels & Catteries
- Pet Shops and other animal retail
- Animal Welfare Organisations